Jennifer Gonzalez concentrates her practice in the investment management area, representing open-end and closed-end investment companies, investment company boards, and investment advisers in transactional and regulatory matters. She counsels clients on the formation, reorganization, and termination of open-end and closed-end investment companies, obtaining exemptive relief and no-action relief, proxy solicitations, compliance matters, business development company (BDC) matters, and day-to-day regulatory issues. Jennifer has extensive experience representing closed-end investment companies in offerings of common and preferred stock, establishing and refinancing various forms of leverage, issues relating to activist shareholders, proxy solicitations, tender offers, exchange matters, and other regulatory issues. In addition, she advises clients on state blue sky issues.
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- "What if Closed-End Fund Defenses Fail? Preparing for an Activist Board Member," Mutual Funds Director Forum, January 21, 2021
- "ICI Closed-End Fund Conference/Closed-End Fund Activism – Perspectives on Common Shareholder Proposals," Investment Company Institute, November 5, 2020
- “Lending for Growth Private Credit Workshop,” Alternative Credit Counsel, June 6, 2017
- "Could Charitable or Financial Incentives Improve Fund Shareholder Participation in the Proxy Process?," The Investment Lawyer, Vol. 26, No. 8, August 2019
Mentioned, “Industry Trends Refresh: ESG, Crypto, SPACs, Closed-End Fund Activism,” MFDF.org (Mutual Fund Directors Forum), 18 January 2022