Jessica Franzese is a coding, reimbursement, and compliance consultant in the firm’s Charleston office. Jessica's work involves assisting the lawyers in the firm’s Health Care and FDA practice group with the technical and operations aspects of health care reimbursement and compliance issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Jessica has had broad experience in the health care area, from her days as a certified pharmacy technician to being a senior consultant at a leading national healthcare consulting company. She has over 15 years of experience in various aspects of coding, reimbursement, and compliance for physicians and health systems. During that time, Jessica has also authored publications and webinars, created reference materials and education presentations related to coding and auditing, mentored new coders and auditors, and educated medical providers in documentation best practices.
- CPC, Certified Professional Coder, American Academy of Professional Coders, 2005
- CPMA, Certified Professional Medical Auditor, American Academy of Professional Coders, 2015
- "The Hunt is On: OIG Targets Telehealth Fraud During the COVID-19 Pandemic," American Bar Association, 31 October 2022
- "Medicare Reimbursement Audit Checklist," LexisNexis Practical Guidance, October 2022
- "Injections and Infusions," NAMAS, October 2016
- "What You Need to Know About 2017 ICD-10 Updates," NAMAS, July 2016
- "The Importance of Verifying Regulatory Guidance," NAMAS, March 2016