Julie Rizzo is a partner in the firm's Capital Markets practice group. Julie has substantial experience representing companies in a variety of capital markets and corporate governance matters. She focuses her practice on advising clients on SEC reporting and disclosure issues, stock exchange compliance, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. She also regularly assists clients on a variety of capital market transactions.
Julie’s prior professional experience brings a unique perspective to clients. By spending over six years in an in-house role at a large, New York Stock Exchange listed technology company, Julie has an understanding of the inner workings of corporate legal departments and the need for in-house legal teams to be able to provide business-focused legal advice. Additionally, Julie has gained a deep understanding of the regulatory process after spending five years in the Division of Corporation Finance at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which allows her to advise clients on disclosure and compliance matters through a sharper, regulatory focused lens.
Prior to joining the firm, Julie served as counsel at a U.S. law firm. Previously, she also worked at a large, publicly traded technology company, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and a Big Four accounting firm
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Governance Law and Securities/Capital Markets Law (2023)
- Red Hat, Inc.'s General H. Hugh Shelton Chairman's Award Winner (2018)
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Productivity Improvement Award, 2009 (Presented to the Shareholder Proposal Task Force)
- "Proxy Statement Interactive Seminar Panelist," Donnelley Financial Solutions Corporate Governance Communications Strategies for Shareholder Engagement, Raleigh, N.C., November 2017
- "SEC Continues to Modernize the Disclosure Regime," Society for Corporate Governance, December 2020
- "SEC Modernizes the Exempt Offering Framework, Benefitting Investors and Small and Midsize Companies," Society for Corporate Governance, November 2020
- "Practical Tips for Navigating SEC Comment Letters," Corporate Compliance Insights, February 2020
- Mentioned, "K&L Gates’ Sean Jones and Julie Rizzo help diverse clientele navigate the ESG chaos," Wolters Kluwer, 12 May 2023
- Mentioned, "3 Firms Guide Pair Of Blank-Check IPOs Totaling $160M," Law360, 10 February 2023