Kevin Asfour is a commercial litigator in the firm's Los Angeles office, concentrating his practice on complex business disputes, consumer class action defense, insurance coverage and indemnity matters. He represents clients primarily in the retail, manufacturing, financial services, technology, transportation and medical sectors. He has defended numerous consumer class actions against national retail chains, financial institutions, and other large companies alleging claims of unfair business practices, false advertising, consumer fraud, privacy violations, and account-servicing violations. Kevin has also defended shareholder class actions alleging securities law violations and derivative suits against a variety of publicly traded companies. In the realm of insurance coverage, Kevin has wide-ranging experience advising policyholders and prosecuting contractual and bad faith claims against insurers. He is also a skilled appellate practitioner, with extensive experience briefing and arguing appeals in state and federal court.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Star
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- “Interplay Between Indemnity, Limitation of Liability and Insurance Coverage,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2019
- "Contractual Indemnification -- Tips and Tactics," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2017
- "Can You Keep a Secret? What Happens When You Don't? Privacy Violations in California," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2015
- "Effective Use of Social Media in Litigation: Tools, Traps, and Tips," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2014