Kevin S. Asfour is a commercial litigator in the firm’s Los Angeles office, concentrating his practice in the fields of corporate securities litigation, consumer class action defense, lender liability, and insurance coverage disputes.
Kevin’s corporate securities experience includes the defense of shareholder class actions, arbitrations and derivative suits, as well as the representation of clients in connection with SEC investigations and regulatory action.
He also has extensive experience defending financial institutions, national retailers, and other large companies in consumer class actions in state and federal courts, at both the trial court and appellate levels.
In the realm of insurance coverage, Kevin has wide-ranging experience advising policyholders and prosecuting contractual and bad faith claims against insurers. He is additionally well-versed in matters of director and officer indemnification, as well as indemnity claims arising out of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Kevin has been recognized as a 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Southern California Rising Star, as noted in Los Angeles Magazine.
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- "Contractual Indemnification and Limitation of Liability -- Tips and Tactics," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2017
- "Can You Keep a Secret? What Happens When You Don't? Privacy Violations in California," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2015
- "Effective Use of Social Media in Litigation: Tools, Traps, and Tips," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southern California chapter, 2014
- LSREF2 Clover Property 4, LLC v. Festival Retail Fund 1, LP, 3 Cal. App. 5th 1067 (2016), rev. denied, No. S238394
- Talaie v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 808 F.3d 410 (9th Cir. 2015)
- SCC Acquisitions, Inc. v. Superior Court, 243 Cal. App. 4th 741 (2015)
- Wodka v. Causeway Capital Mgmt., LLC, 433 Fed. Appx. 563 (9th Cir. 2011), cert. denied, 132 S. Ct. 769
- American Alternative Ins. Corp. v. Superior Court, 135 Cal. App. 4th 1239 (2006)
- Fuhu, Inc. v. Wistron Corp., No 15-4447, 2016 WL 2902460, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 65678 (C.D. Cal. May 18, 2016)
- McClain v. Iradimed Corp., 111 F. Supp. 3d 1293 (S.D. Fla. 2015)
- SEC v. McCabe, No. 13-0161, 2015 WL 2452937, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 67253 (D. Utah May 22, 2015)
- Rubenstein v. The Neiman Marcus Group LLC, No. 14-07155, 2015 WL 1841254 (C.D. Cal. Mar. 2, 2015)
- Diehl v. Starbucks Corp., No. 12-2432, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 146417 (S.D. Cal. Oct. 10, 2014)
- Talaie v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., No. 12-04959, 2013 WL 3316157 (C.D. Cal. Jun. 27, 2013)
- Cross v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., No. 11-0447, 2011 WL 6136734 (C.D. Cal. Dec. 9, 2011)
- Castle v. Mortgage Electronic Registration Sys., Inc., No. 11-0538, 2011 WL 3626560, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92004 (C.D. Cal. Aug. 16, 2011)
- Ozogu v. CitiMortgage, Inc., No. 10-9687, 2011 WL 2940391, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 79034 (C.D. Cal. Jul. 19, 2011)
- Cont’l Ins. Co. v. Cota, No. 08-2052, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 122595 (N.D. Cal. Dec. 17, 2009)
- Cont’l Ins. Co. v. Cota, No. 08-2052, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 111050 (N.D. Cal. Sep. 19, 2008)