Key Messages from the 13th Annual London Investment Management Conference
Speakers at this conference included leading industry experts from financial institutions, trade associations and lawyers from across the K&L Gates global platform.
Topics Included (Download a summary of key messages from the conference.)
- Hot Topics for the Year Ahead - The UK Senior Managers Regime, the FCA Market Study, MiFID II, ESG investing and Blockchain developments.
- Global Distribution Update - Distribution and registration regulations, exemptions and market practice.
- Regulatory Priorities for 2019 - The industry’s perception of regulatory priorities from the trade association perspective.
- Outlook for the Global Asset Management Industry - A keynote address from Michael Caccese, Chairman of the Management Committee and Global Practice Area Leader for Financial Services at K&L Gates LLP.
- BREXIT: 6 Months to Go - Necessary Next Steps - Recent developments regarding the negotiations on the future EU / UK relationship and practical next steps for asset managers in the run up to Brexit.
- Asset Management Under the New SEC Regime - Changes to the SEC under the influence of the current political climate.
- Enforcement Priorities for Financial Services Firms - A discussion around FCA priorities and practical advice for firms.
This publication/newsletter is for informational purposes and does not contain or convey legal advice. The information herein should not be used or relied upon in regard to any particular facts or circumstances without first consulting a lawyer. Any views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the law firm's clients.