Kyosuke Momoi is an associate in the firm’s Tokyo office and a member of the corporate/M&A practice group with a focus on corporate and commercial transactions and Japan regulatory issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Kyosuke worked for over 10 years as both a private practitioner and in-house lawyer in Tokyo with several international companies and the Tokyo office of a leading U.S. based international law firm.
During this time, he handled a wide variety of corporate, commercial, real estate, and regulatory matters. While in private practice he was seconded for half a year to one of the largest law firms in Singapore, where he assisted with M&A and joint venture projects, as well as complex commercial litigation involving Japanese and Southeast Asian parties, giving him substantial insight into various regional markets and legal systems. Additionally, his in-house experience included several years in the legal department of one of Japan’s leading pharmaceutical companies, working on a variety of international transactions. He also led a team in a section of the legal department of a major Japanese e-commerce company, advising executive management on strategic investment and new business development projects -- all of which have given him substantial insight into the inner-workings of large Japanese companies with regional and international operations.
He received a Bachelor of Law and JD from the University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law and School of Law and a Masters in Law with a Business Law Certificate from UC Berkley School of Law. He is qualified in Japan as a bengoshi lawyer.
- Member of Daiichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Member of the Intellectual Property Lawyers Network
- Member of the Information Network Law Association Japan
- Associate Member of Japanese In-House Lawyers Association
- Speaker, The Practice of Pharmaceutical Licensing Agreements and their Due Diligence, Seminar by R&D Support Center Co., Ltd., May 29, 2019, July 6, 2020, July 16, 2021 and September 16, 2022
- Speaker, Negotiation on License Agreements with U.S./European Pharmaceutical Companies, Seminar by Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED), February 21, 2022
- Speaker, Basics and Case Studies of Joint R&D Agreements in the Healthcare Sector, Seminar by R&D Support Center Co., Ltd., December 7, 2021
- Speaker, Risks and Trouble Prevention Measures in Patent and Technology License Agreements in the Pharmaceutical Field, Seminar by Technology Information Institute Co., Ltd,, February 26, 2021
- Speaker, Merger, Acquisition and Strategic Alliance in Life Science and its surrounding Industries, Lecture, Sidley Austin Nishikawa Seminar, March 12, 2018
- Speaker, The Issues and Legal Analysis of Curation Business and Its Relevant Business; The Problems on the Circulation of the Information in the Internet, Lecture, Japan In-House Lawyers Association Seminar, February 15, 2018; Intellectual Property Lawyers Network Meeting, April 23, 2018
- Digital Health and its Commercialization in 5G Era (Co-authored, Technical Information Institute Co., Ltd. (2022)) Chapter 11, Section 2 “Co-R&D Agreement in Digital Health: How to avoid pitfalls?”
- Merger, Acquisition and Strategic Alliance in Life Science Industries, Japan In-house Lawyers Association Magazine (JILA), No. 4 (2017)
- Getting The Deal Through: Rail Transport 2019 (Law Business Research Ltd. 2018) (Co-authored. He wrote the chapter on the regulations on rail transport in Japan)