Leonard Bickwit is of counsel in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office. He is a member of the Public Policy and Law practice group.
This is a temporary biography. A complete biography will be available soon.
Prior to joining the firm, Leonard served as senior counsel at a Washington, D.C., law firm where he focused his practice on representative tax policy engagements, including legislative and regulatory matters. He has experience with taxation of employer-sponsored health insurance benefits, corporate tax rate reductions, energy tax policy, bonus depreciation issues, excess business loss policy, LIFO accounting, state taxation of remote sellers, and overall domestic and international tax reform policies.
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Government Relations (Nationwide), (2015-2021)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 for Government: Government Relations (2019-2021)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Tax Law (2018-2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Government Relations Practice (2022)
- General Counsel, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1979-1983
- Legislative Director, Senator John Glenn, 1975-1979