Limo Cherian is the co-leader of the Health Care and FDA practice group. She focuses her practice on health care regulatory, transactional and litigation issues. She has represented physicians and physician groups, clinically integrated organizations, managed services organizations, and hospitals, as well as other corporate and governmental clients. Limo has advised clients on regulatory and compliance matters related to Stark, Anti-Kickback and Civil Monetary Penalties issues. She has also advised clients regarding Medicare fraud and abuse issues, reimbursement and antitrust issues. Limo has experience litigating health care matters including contesting certificate of need decisions, physician restrictive covenants and payment disputes. She has also litigated and negotiated issues involving, managed care contracts, professional services agreements and information technology contracts. Limo has experience in trial proceedings in State and Federal courts across the United States, as well as in administrative proceedings and arbitrations. She also has experience in appellate practice and has briefed and argued appeals both in federal and state appeals courts.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Limo was a partner in the Chicago office of a health care boutique. She also served as an Assistant Attorney General with the Office of the Illinois Attorney General and has served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for litigation on behalf of a public university.
- Listed by Chambers USA for Healthcare in Illinois, 2020 and 2021
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, Board of Directors
- “Accountable Care Organizations Update,” Loyola University School of Law, Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy, Health Law Seminar Series Webinar, January 2014
- “Compliance: Health Information Technology and Fraud, “ American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Annual Practice Management Meeting, September 2014
- “Regulatory Concerns and the Impact of Oversight,” American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Annual Practice Management Meeting, September 2014
- “Best Practices in Corporate Governance,” American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Annual Practice Management Meeting, September 2013
- “Clinical Study Agreements,” Society of Clinical Research Associates Clinical Investigator and GCP & Trials Management Conference, December 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- “Recent Developments in Recovery Audit Contracting,” ABA Health Law Litigation, Summer/Fall 2012, Vol. 10, No. 1