Lucas J. Tanglen represents businesses seeking to maximize the value of their insurance assets. His experience representing policyholders in complex insurance matters includes product liability claims (involving asbestos, lead paint, and chemicals), directors and officers liability coverage, environmental matters, and intellectual property claims. He is experienced in drafting briefs and other court filings regarding complex issues of first impression and in taking depositions in insurance coverage actions. Mr. Tanglen has an active cyber insurance practice, in which he counsels policyholders regarding the placement and renewal of cyber policies, including negotiation of key terms of coverage. In his pro bono practice, he successfully argued a prisoner’s appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Tanglen has a background in journalism. Before attending law school, he was a copy editor in sports and news departments at metropolitan newspapers in Pittsburgh, Spokane, Wash., and Milwaukee, Wis. During law school, he was an intern for two national non-profit organizations devoted to freedom of the press and other First Amendment rights.
- “The Russia-Ukraine conflict and insurance for state-sponsored cyberattacks,” Reuters Legal News, 25 March 2022
- Renewed for Another Season: International Cyberattacks on the Entertainment Industry, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, American Bar Association Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, Fall 2019
- Cyber Insurance: Emerging Topics and Recent Cases, K&L Gates Insurance Coverage Training Series, Presentations, March 20, 2019
- What Corporate Practitioners Need to Know About Using Insurance for Cyber Liabilities, K&L Gates Insurance Coverage Training Series, Presentations, January 10, 2019
- GDPR Is Here. Is Your Cyberinsurance Ready?, Insurance Coverage WestLaw Journal, volume 28, issue 43, August 2018
- The Future of Cyber Insurance, K&L Gates Insurance Coverage Training Series, Presentations, July 11, 2018
- Concussions and Coverage: Insurance for Claims Alleging Long-Term Brain Injuries, Including CTE, Entertainment & Sports Lawyer (ABA), Fall 2017
- Insurance Coverage for Intellectual Property Claims, K&L Gates Insurance Coverage Training Series, Presentations, May 21, 2014