Matthew Goeller concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation. He represents domestic and international clients in all facets of business litigation including breach of fiduciary duty and corporate governance claims, merger and acquisition litigation, securities litigation, patent infringement, and intellectual property litigation. He regularly advises multinational corporations, directors, officers, managers, members, and investors in connection with their rights and responsibilities under the Delaware General Corporation Law and Delaware’s alternative entity statutes. He represents individuals and entities in the aerospace, energy, media, life sciences, and technology industries.
Matthew’s practice also focuses on preventing human trafficking, forced labor, and child labor in companies’ global supply chains. He is a member of the firm’s Anti-Human Trafficking Initiative, Global Ethical Supply Chain group, and ESG–Corporate Governance group. He works extensively on a number of human rights and anti-human trafficking projects in Southeast Asia and Africa.
Matthew maintains an active pro bono practice, representing children in dependency and neglect cases for the Delaware Office of the Child Advocate. Matthew serves as the associate pro bono coordinator for the Wilmington office.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew served as law clerk to the Honorable Randy J. Holland and to the Honorable Gary F. Traynor in the Supreme Court of Delaware. Matthew is the founder and president of the nonprofit, Global Education Network, which serves the educational needs of schools, students, and communities in Ecuador, Ghana, and Kenya.
- Member, Africa Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, International Courts and Judicial Affairs Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, International Human Rights Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, International Investment and Development Committee, American Bar Association
- Vice Chair, International Law Section, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court
- “Trying a Case for a Trauma Victim,” October 27, 2021
- “Global Lawyers-Educating and Training International Lawyers in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area,” Philadelphia Bar Association International Law Committee, September 23, 2019
- Peeling Back the Business Judgment Rule: Corporate Responsibility After Chiquita, Inst. Del. Corp. & Bus. L. (May 28, 2015)
- Mentioned, "Houseman v. Sagerman, DEFAX Case No. D69488 (Del. Ch. July 20, 2021), Glasscock, V.C. (20 pages)." Delaware Law Weekly, 4 August 2021
- Mentioned, "Insurer Claims It Did Not Breach Contract In Benzene Exposure Dispute," Mealey’s Litigation Report, 29 July 2021