Matthew Harris is a partner in the firm's Nashville office. He is a member of the Real Estate practice group. Matt represents REITs and other public and private entities, including private developers and investors, in connection with development acquisitions, dispositions and real estate financing regionally and nationally. Matt also has broad experience in industrial, distribution center leasing and development, and office leasing projects, including office headquarter projects.
Matt also has decades of experience representing health care companies in connection with facility development, acquisitions, dispositions, and ground leasing, including having managed all real estate in connection with a tax free spin-off transaction resulting in the creation of two public hospital companies. Matt also has expertise in wireless telecommunications real estate, and has extensive experience in representing clients before boards of zoning appeals and planning commissions in Tennessee in pursuing project entitlements.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt previously served as leader of the real estate practice group of a regional law firm.
- AV® rated in Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021-2024
- Litigation - Real Estate, 2011-2024
- Real Estate Law, 2007-2024
- Recipient of "Lawyer of the Year" award by The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law in Nashville, 2020
- Recognized in Chambers USA for Real Estate in Tennessee since 2009
- Named by Nashville Business Journal “Best of the Bar” (multiple years)
- Hearing Panel Member - Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility
- Former member, Board of Directors, Family & Children’s Services of Tennessee
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- National Association of Industrial Office Properties
- Has previously participated in Continuing Legal Education panels speaking on the subject of commercial real estate in Tennessee and zoning matters