Morgan Nickerson is a partner in the Boston office and a member of the firm’s antitrust and intellectual property teams. His practice focuses on the protection of global distribution programs through suppression of gray market and counterfeit activities. His litigation experience includes high stake competition cases concentrating on intellectual property, comparative advertising, monopolization, and importation/exportation disputes.
In addition to litigation experience, Mr. Nickerson advises luxury goods manufacturers on resale price maintenance strategies designed to limit online price erosion, global pricing arbitrage opportunities, and brand dilution. This includes antitrust counseling and implementation of Unilateral Pricing Policies, Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies, and selective distribution strategies in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Mr. Nickerson was a partner at a national law firm.
- Named a Massachusetts “Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property Litigation by New England Super Lawyers (2018)
- Named a “Rising Star” by New England Super Lawyers (2011-2017)
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Antitrust section
- Boston Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Antitrust section
- "Counterfeit Corner," The Licensing Journal, March 2021
- “Manufacturers Need To Mitigate Risk Of Price Bias Claims,” Law360, 12 April 2019
- “Disfavored Retailers Turn Up Volume On Robinson-Patman,” Law360, 20 February 2018
- “Price Check: Uncertain Outcomes In Advertised Price Cases,” Law360, June 29, 2016
- “Behind The Curtain: Technical Advisers In Complex Cases,” Law360, 27 May 2016
- “Business as Usual,” Corporate Counsel, May 2011
- Mentioned, "GOOGLE LLC: Sandofsky Appeals FCRA Suit Dismissal to 1st Cir.," Class Action Reporter, 5 October 2021