Nathan (Nate) A. Huff is a former federal prosecutor with more than 15 years of litigation experience. His practice is focused on health care, commercial, and constitutional litigation and white collar defense. He routinely appears in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels, and he's first-chaired multiple jury trials to verdict.
Nate provides a broad range of counseling and dispute resolution services to clients operating at the intersection of law and politics, especially those in the health care, defense, and agriculture industries. Nate is a partner in the firm’s Research Triangle Park office and a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation and Disputes and the Investigations, Enforcement, and White Collar practice groups.
Before entering private practice, Nate was a federal prosecutor in the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina. He began his legal career on active duty in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. He continues to serve as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Reserve.
- Joint Service Commendation Medal, U.S. Army (2013)
- Meritorious Service Medal, U.S. Army (2018, 2014, 2010)
- Army Commendation Medal (2008, 2007)
- Parachutist Badge (2005)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, Super Lawyers (2015-2018)
- Commercial Litigation (2022), Best Lawyers in America
- Tenth Judicial District Bar, Wake County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- American Agricultural Law Association
- North Carolina Heroes Fund
- Mentioned, "Texas Lawsuit Highlights Risk From ESG Marketing Claims," Today's General Counsel, 19 July 2022
- Three Trials for Murder, The New Yorker
- Twenty-five years later, third trial begins in triple slaying, WRAL.com