Nazanin Aleyaseen is a senior member of the International Arbitration team. She regularly advises and represents international and UAE-based companies in DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, ADCACC and ICC administered arbitration proceedings as well as ad hoc proceedings. She has full advocacy rights, and advises and represents clients, in disputes before the Dubai International Financial Centre Courts.
Ms. Aleyaseen is also a partner in the Dubai office’s Labour, Employment and Workplace Safety practice which is recognized and ranked by Chambers Global in 2014 and 2015. She acts as exclusive employment counsel to multinational corporations with operations in the MENA and GCC region.
Before settling in Dubai in 2008, she practiced in Toronto, Canada and has published several articles relating to litigation and arbitration as well as employment and labour law.
- "Regulation of Upstream Oil and Gas in the United Arab Emirates,” Lexis Middle East, 19 February 2020
- “Regulation of Downstream Oil and Gas in the United Arab Emirates,” Lexis Middle East, 19 February 2020
- “Regulation of Midstream Oil and Gas in the United Arab Emirates,” Lexis Middle East, 19 February 2020
- “UAE Oil & Gas Q&A,” Lexis Middle East Law Alert, December 2018
- “Settlement (civil litigation) Q&A: United Arab Emirates,” Practical Law, 2017
- World Justice Project Rule of Law Index 2016 (contributor), 2016
- “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Dubai: Has a New Gateway been blazed by the DIFC Courts in DNB Bank ASA v Gulf Eyadah Corporation?,” Lexis Middle East Law Alert, April 2016
- “An Inconvenient Case? The Treatment of a Saudi Forum Selection Clause in Petersen v Boeing Co.,” Lexis Middle East Law Alert, August 2015
- "Labour and Employment Relations in the UAE," Martindale Legal Library, November 2011 (co-author)
- “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration in the UAE,” Chapter of PLC Cross-border Handbook, Volume 2, 2010/2011 (co-author)
- “Taking the Arbitration Route,” Property Monthly, August 2010 (co-author)
- “Filling the Regulatory Gap,” Property Monthly, June 2010
- “Ending the off-plan Stalemate,” Property Monthly, May 2010 (co-author)
- “Conflicted Counsel: Acting as a Source of a Deponent’s Knowledge, Information, and Belief,” Ontario Bar Association – Civil Litigation Newsletter, October 2007 (co-author)