Nazanin Aleyaseen is a partner in the arbitration team and has served as counsel or arbitrator in complex commercial proceedings before the ICC, LCIA, DIFC, DIAC, and ADCCAC and as an advocate in the DIFC Courts. Nazanin is the founding member of the internal investigations and employment practice in the Middle East and has conducted internal investigations into allegations of fraud and misconduct. She has advised multinational corporations with operations in the MENA region for over a decade in a wide range of industries including entertainment, oil and gas, construction, health care, and manufacturing and she has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the UAE by Chambers Global and The Legal 500. In 2021, Nazanin was nominated and subsequently invited to become a member of the prestigious American Employment Law Counsel (AELC) making her one of the few AELC members to practice law outside the United States.
Nazanin joined K&L Gates in 2012 and sits on the firm’s global associate development committee, Women in the Profession Committee, the diversity committee and the pro bono committee.
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 currently ranks Nazanin as a Leading Individual for Employment in the UAE. Recent client quotes include:
- "Nazanin Aleyaseen is a powerhouse of legal knowledge, and great to work with. She manages to keep sight of the big picture whilst maintaining an exceptional eye to detail."
- "Excellent technical understanding combined with commercial understanding. Great people to deal with; reasonable costs, particularly for the quality of advice and availability of the team."
- "Very efficient and reliable team. Requests are always treated very promptly with a great quality."
- "The service is provided with a very quick turnaround, even on weekends and holidays. The quality and precision of the advice is remarkable."
- Legal 500 Private Practice Arbitration Powerlist - Middle East Region, included in 2022 inaugural edition
- American Employment Law Council, Member
- "Can we use freelancers?,” Lexis Middle East HR Alert, June 2022
- "Settlement of Civil Disputes in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC): Overview," Practical Law UK, April 2022
- "Settlement of Civil Disputes in the United Arab Emirates: Overview," Practical Law UK, April 2022
- “Challenging arbitral jurisdiction and anti-suit injunctions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE),” LexisPSL, January 2021 (co-author)
- "Regulation of Upstream Oil and Gas in the United Arab Emirates,” Lexis Middle East, 19 February 2020
- “Regulation of Downstream Oil and Gas in the United Arab Emirates,” Lexis Middle East, 19 February 2020
- “Regulation of Midstream Oil and Gas in the United Arab Emirates,” Lexis Middle East, 19 February 2020
- “UAE Oil & Gas Q&A,” Lexis Middle East Law Alert, December 2018
- “Settlement (civil litigation) Q&A: United Arab Emirates,” Practical Law, 2017
- World Justice Project Rule of Law Index 2016 (contributor), 2016
- “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Dubai: Has a New Gateway been blazed by the DIFC Courts in DNB Bank ASA v Gulf Eyadah Corporation?,” Lexis Middle East Law Alert, April 2016
- “An Inconvenient Case? The Treatment of a Saudi Forum Selection Clause in Petersen v Boeing Co.,” Lexis Middle East Law Alert, August 2015
- "Labour and Employment Relations in the UAE," Martindale Legal Library, November 2011 (co-author)
- “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration in the UAE,” Chapter of PLC Cross-border Handbook, Volume 2, 2010/2011 (co-author)
- “Taking the Arbitration Route,” Property Monthly, August 2010 (co-author)
- “Filling the Regulatory Gap,” Property Monthly, June 2010
- “Ending the off-plan Stalemate,” Property Monthly, May 2010 (co-author)
- “Conflicted Counsel: Acting as a Source of a Deponent’s Knowledge, Information, and Belief,” Ontario Bar Association – Civil Litigation Newsletter, October 2007 (co-author)