Patrick Richards is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office. He is a member of the IP procurement and portfolio management practice group. Patrick works with his clients to find the best strategies for protecting their inventions, distinguishing their brands, and building their businesses.
Prior to joining the firm, Patrick founded his own law firm and co-founded a medical device software company, focusing on the development and commercialization of software that powers hearing aids, cochlear implants, and other neuromodulation devices.
Patrick is also an adjunct professor at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in the NUvention Medical course. This course focuses on interdisciplinary experiential learning that walks student teams through the steps associated with bringing a medical innovation to the patient, spanning product innovation and development, intellectual property, regulatory, and business development issues.
- Selected to Illinois Rising Stars, 2012-2015
- Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers, 2015
- Peer Rated as AV Preeminent by peers through Martindale-Hubble
- Client Rated as 5.0 Preeminent by clients through Martindale-Hubble
- Adjunct professor, Pritzker Northwestern School of Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- It takes more than a law degree to grow your own firm, Chicago Lawyer Magazine