Paul Hardman is a partner in the labour employment and workplace safety practice in the Brisbane office. He provides a wide range of advice and services to clients regarding employment, safety, investigations and disputes relevant to the workplace.
He is an experienced advocate and has appeared extensively in both State and Federal courts and tribunals in employment, safety and other contentious matters. He has experience across a broad range of industries including construction, water, manufacturing, agricultural, petroleum, gas and mining.
Paul has significant experience in the conduct of the defence of regulatory investigations and prosecutions, under State and Federal Employment, Workplace, Safety, Corporation, and Environmental legislation.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul was a partner at a national law firm. He has also worked as a senior lawyer within Commonwealth Government agencies including the Office of the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyer in Queensland (2019-present)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Employment Lawyer (Employer Representation) in Queensland (2017, 2021)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Employment & Industrial Relations Lawyer (Employer Representation) in Brisbane (2016)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Labour and Employment Law (2016-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Occupational Health and Safety (2016-present)
Paul is the chairman of the Professional Standards & Consumer Complaints Tribunal of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (10 years).
Paul is an experienced trainer and regularly presents seminars and training on a broad range of employment related issues including workplace investigations and work health and safety obligations for company directors and executives.