Randy Clark is a partner in the firm’s Charlotte office and a member of the tax practice group. Randy focuses his practice on U.S. federal and international tax matters involved in acquisition, disposition, restructuring, and financing transactions, as well as on income tax planning for closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals. In addition, Randy counsels on tax considerations related to affiliated group operations, tax attribute planning and preservation, and renewable energy transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Randy served as a counsel in the tax department of a U.S. law firm, in the transaction tax and international tax departments of two “Big 4” accounting firms, and in the tax department of an international law firm.
- Speaker, "Navigating the Effectively Connected Income Tax Regime: Avoiding Devastating Impact on Taxes and Financial Statements," via webinar, 20 April 2021
- Consolidated Returns: Investment Adjustments and the Unified Loss Rule (2016) - CLE Presentation for the Tax Executives Institute, Nashville Chapter
- ConEd LILO Decision: Bad Facts, Bad Law, 138 Tax Notes 1239 (Mar. 11, 2013) (co-authored with Mark Regante)
- Final Regulations Addressing the Issue Price of Debt Issued for Property and in Reopenings, ABA PUCAT Law Section, Fall Report 2012 (co-authored with Lysondra Ludwig)
- Guidance Under Section 199 Regarding Telecommunications Services, ABA PUCAT Law Section, Recent Developments in Public Utility, Communications and Transportation Industries (2011)
- Mayo Foundation Decision Regarding Deference for Final Treasury Regulations Under Chevron, ABA PUCAT Law Section, Recent Developments in Public Utility, Communications and Transportation Industries (2011)