Reductions in Force: Strategies to Minimize Litigation Risk in Downsizing
Given the global political climate, supply chain issues, and economic challenges, future plans and employment strategies for many companies are uncertain. During this webinar, our Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety lawyers discuss tactics for properly implementing reductions in force and legal issues that companies must consider in connection with layoffs and terminations.
- Overview of discrimination-related risks;
- Establishing valid selection criteria;
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) and mini-WARN Act compliance;
- Maintaining attorney-client privilege;
- Preparing separation packages and benefits;
- Drafting releases; Older Workers Benefit Protection Act considerations; and
- Employee communications and termination procedures.