Bob Wittie is a partner in the finance and investment management practices, concentrating on securities-based financial transactions and the regulation of investment companies and other financial institutions. He represents financial services clients in connection with a wide range of matters, including secured credit, swaps, repurchase agreements and other derivatives transactions, equity and structured finance, regulatory compliance, documentation issues, electronic commerce, and legislative matters.
Bob is a regent of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers and has written and lectured on a variety of legal financial services topics. He has served on the special drafting committees for the revisions to Article 8 (Investment Securities) and Article 9 (Secured Transactions) of the Uniform Commercial Code, the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, and for several other Uniform State Laws. He also actively participated in the development of the federal E-SIGN legislation. He has served as chairman of the UCC-Investment Securities Subcommittee of the American Bar Association's Business Section, and he remains active on that and other ABA committees.
- Named a Best Lawyer in America by Best Lawyers, Mutual Funds Law
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Uniform Commercial Code Committee
- Former-chairman, Investment Securities Subcommittee
- Legal Opinions Committee
- Derivatives and Futures Law Committee
- Federal Regulation of Securities Committee
- Commercial Financial Services Committee
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Investment Management Update, K&L Gates publication, Summer 2007