Samuel Brown is a property projects and investments lawyer, focusing on real estate and infrastructure transactions, developments and investment funds. Samuel's experience includes acquisitions and disposals of development and built form assets, government tenders, major project and development agreements, complex property and infrastructure developments, title structuring and subdivisions, transaction structuring, fund establishment, asset and investment management agreements, joint venture property investment and leasing.
Samuel is a commercially minded lawyer who believes in taking the initiative, being responsive and adopting an astute, solutions based approach. He communicates in a clear and straightforward manner to attain successful outcomes. He is ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019, with clients noting his "commerciality and responsiveness" and in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 clients described him as "an exceptionally talented real estate transactions lawyer."
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Samuel led the finance and commercial property team at a boutique firm in Sydney.
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Next Generation Partner in Real Estate (2021)
- Lawyers Weekly, Real Estate Partner of the Year (2020)
- Chambers Asia Pacific, ranked individual in Real Estate - Australia (2019-present)
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, ranked team for Real Estate - Australia Band 5 (2019-present)
- K&L Gates' Real Estate team is recognised in Tier 4 for Real Estate by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2020), Tier 5 (2019)
Samuel is a member of the organizing committee for the annual LAWSKI conference Thredbo, NSW, a not-for-profit event for the profession that also seeks to raise funds for charitable purposes.
In 2013, Samuel travelled to Kenya to co-present with the Kenyan Capital Markets Authority and a major Kenyan law firm to investment banks and developers on REIT regulations that were proposed for Kenya, modelled on Australian law.