Steve McCrae is admitted to practice in South Carolina. He is not currently admitted in North Carolina.
Steve McCrae is a South Carolina-licensed partner in the Charlotte office, focusing his practice on obtaining governmental entitlements for industrial and developer clients, including Fee in Lieu of Taxation Agreements, other State and local government economic incentives, Local Government Development Agreements and zoning entitlements. He also serves as the client representative for several foreign-based/owned companies with South Carolina operations.
In addition, Steve’s practice includes commercial real estate transactions for both buyers and sellers in South Carolina, including representing a school district in its land acquisitions and associated intergovernmental agreements.
Steve is a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP, BC & D), a distinction he earned through the Green Building Certification Institute. As a LEED-AP, BC & D, he has demonstrated a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles, as well as the LEED Rating System.
- Best Lawyers in America, Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law, 2008 – 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Lawyer of the Year, Land Use & Zoning Law - Charlotte
- “Community Service Award,” York County Young Attorneys Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Pre-eminent Rating - Judicial Edition
- “Best Comment Award,” South Carolina Law Review
- South Carolina Board of Law Examiners (2005 to Present)
- Preservation South Carolina, aka Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation (President, 2000-2003, 2012-2016, Board of Directors 1998-2006, 2011 to Present)
- Former member of State and Local Taxation advisory committee to the South Carolina Department of Revenue
- South Carolina Governor's Task Force on Historic Preservation, appointed by Governor Jim Hodges, March 23, 2000
- York County Culture and Heritage Commission, (Board Member, 2005-2009)