Talor Bearman is a partner in the firm’s Construction and Infrastructure practice group. He has experience drafting a wide variety of construction agreements and litigating complex commercial disputes with a concentration in construction matters. Talor represents owners, general contractors, EPC contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and design professionals in all aspects of construction. Talor is often called upon to draft construction agreements for various project types and delivery methods, such as design/build, design/bid/build, modular, and pre-fabricated construction.
Talor provides services for clients across a multitude of industries, including: healthcare, energy, hospitality, retail, manufacturing, multi-family, higher education, and residential construction. His experience includes representation in both state and federal courts, as well as domestic and international arbitration proceedings. In his two most recent trials, Talor successfully represented an owner of a hospital in a federal court bench trial and a modular construction supplier in a state court jury trial.
Talor is a member of the Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel, the Associated General Contractors of Middle Tennessee, and the American Bar Association’s Construction Forum. For the last two years, Talor has been asked to present a webinar to construction attorneys across the country on the use of “Termination for Convenience” clauses in construction contracts.
Prior to joining the firm, Talor served as an associate at a full-service law firm where he focused his practice on complex commercial litigation and construction disputes.
- 2018 Pro Bono Service Award, Tennessee Supreme Court
- 2019 Pro Bono Service Award, Tennessee Supreme Court
- Graduate of the Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum
- 2021 Graduate of the Associated General Contractors of Middle Tennessee’s Construction Leadership Program
- 2022-2023 Super Lawyers - Mid-South Rising Stars, Construction Litigation
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- The Associated General Contractors of Tennessee
- “Structuring Construction Contracts: Termination for Convenience vs. Termination for Cause” presented on Strafford Live CLE Video Webinar (2022, 2023)
- “Boilerplate Language in Construction Contracts: Avoiding Unintended Consequences” presented on Strafford Live CLE Video Webinar (2023)
- "Intercepting Licensing Rights: Why College Athletes Need a Federal Right of Publicity," Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law, 2012