Dr. Thilo Winkeler is a partner in the Berlin office and a member of the corporate practice group. He provides comprehensive advice in the areas of venture capital/emerging growth and private equity, in particular in connection with tech and digital transactions (fintech, health tech, SaaS). Thilo accompanies established start-ups as well as international VC funds, family offices and corporates. He advises on the structuring of start-ups, their financing rounds, management participations, acquisitions and sales. He also advises on international real estate and energy transactions.
Thilo joined K&L Gates in October 2016. He has been a lawyer since 2001 and was a partner in a US law firm in Frankfurt from 2007 to 2016.
- German American Chamber of Commerce
- American Council on Germany
- SPACS on the advance, Börsenzeitung, 2 April 2008, with Marc V. Kramer
- SPACS - In Search: Are SPACS an Alternative to Private Equity Investors?, Finance, March 2008
- What is a deadlock with a shoot-out?, Finance, April 2006
- What is a Basket, actually?, Finance, November 2005
- Due Diligence - Hidden - Concealed contributions in kind in share deals, Finance, March 2005
- One step forward - News on the taxation of private equity funds, Finance, February 2005