Thomas Holt is a partner in the firm's Boston and Washington D.C. offices, concentrating in complex civil litigation, international arbitration, and internal investigations. He advises foreign and domestic clients in the development and execution of risk management strategies, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance. He has served on K&L Gates’ firm wide management committee.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in Commercial Litigation
Co-Head, SovereigNET, a global network for policy research and analysis on the role of sovereign institutional investment and global capital at The Fletcher School, Tufts University. Senior Fellow, Center for Emerging Market Enterprises, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University. Adjunct Professor of Law at The Fletcher School, Tufts University. Member of The Fletcher School, Tufts University, Board of Advisors.
Member of the Advisory Subcommittee on Climate (Council on Climate), Export-Import Bank of the United States.
Member of the Board of Directors of the New England Council. Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, National Pancreas Foundation. Former member of the Board of Trustees of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, the Dana-Farber Trustees Science Committee.
Thomas speaks frequently on legal and regulatory risk management for global companies, intellectual property rights, and complex commercial litigation trends and dispute resolution. His presentations include:
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Spotlighting on “S” and “G”: Institutional Investment Strategies for Social and Governance Impacts,” Washington, D.C., October 2019
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Financing Public Infrastructure in North America: Myths, Risks, Realities,” Washington, D.C., October 2018
- Representative of The Fletcher School, Tufts University at the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds 2018 Annual Meeting, Marrakesh, Morocco, September 2018
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Sustainable Investing through Infrastructure: Building Portfolios for the Long-term,” Washington, D.C., October 2017
- Representative of The Fletcher School, Tufts University at the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds 2016 Annual Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand, November 2016
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Bridging the Public-Private Divide: Financing Infrastructure Through Pooled Investment Platforms,” Washington, D.C., October 2016
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Innovating to Close the Infrastructure Gap,” Washington D.C., November 2015
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Engaging the Institutional Investor in Global Infrastructure,” Washington, D.C., October 2014
- Co-Chair, “Building Bridges: Financing Infrastructure in Emerging Markets,” Washington D.C., October 2013
- Panelist, “Business Practice Roundtable,” The Globalization of Clean Energy Technologies: Firm-Level Perspectives and Policy Implications Workshop, January 9-10, 2012, Boston, Massachusetts
- Speaker, “Corporate Governance and Risk Management in an Environment of Heightened Uncertainty,” Waseda University, Tokyo, June 2011
- Chair, “Reactivating U.S.—Japan Relations in a Changing Asia,” co-sponsored by the U.S. Japan Research Institute, K&L Gates, and The Fletcher School, Washington, D.C., February 2011
- Panelist, “Best Practices in Crisis & Risk Management in Today’s Political Environment,” JCAW Japan Commerce Association of Washington, D.C., Inc., October 26, 2010, Washington, D.C.
- Panelist, “Global Legal Compliance and Risk Management Strategies for Japanese & Asian Corporations,” The Fletcher School, Tufts University, November 5, 2010, Boston, Massachusetts
- Panelist, “Where’s The Smart Money? Placing Your Bets with Multinationals vs. Emerging Market Enterprises,” The Fletcher School, Tufts University, December 1, 2010, Boston, Massachusetts