Tucker Idol focuses his practice on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity finance transactions, and general corporate matters. He helps his clients understand how legal and operational risks impact their transactions and designs cost-effective mitigation strategies that advance their business goals.
Tucker represents strategic and financial buyers and sellers in a wide variety of complex exits. He also works with institutional and private equity investors on controlling interest and minority investments, and has extensive experience representing both emerging companies and venture capital firms in growth financing transactions.
Tucker serves clients across a wide range of industries, including financial services, software and technology, medical devices, health care, manufacturing and consumer goods, transportation and real estate.
Tucker began his career as a corporate attorney in the Los Angeles office of an international law firm, focusing on cross-border asset finance and M&A transactions. Before joining K&L Gates, he advised emerging growth and venture-backed companies at a full-service business law firm in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; and Venture Capital Law, 2022
- “Not Optional: Strategies for Managing Your Equity Incentive Plan”, VACO Continuing Professional Education Series, March 2021
- “Getting Back to Work - What You Need to Know About Re-Opening”, ACG Raleigh/Piedmont Virtual Meeting, May 2020
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School EMBA SoftLaunch Program, Legal Advisor, 2017 - 2019
- “Legal Issues for New Companies,” Vernon Malone College & Career Academy, Raleigh, NC
- “So You Want to Work for a Start-Up Company,” Momentum Learning, Raleigh, NC