Vanessa Boato is a partner in the firm's Milan office and is leading the administrative law and town planning department. Her practice is focused on administrative/town planning/public procurements-related transactions as well as in litigation before Administrative Courts and arbitration boards. She advises both national and international private companies, real estate funds, public bodies and joint enterprises. She offers advice on real estate transactions (asset deals, share deals, development agreements) with reference to administrative law aspects (town planning and construction law, public agreements, commercial authorizations, environmental, energy and social housing) in order to set the most efficient town planning solutions for developing, selling or acquiring real estate assets, as well. Moreover, she has worked on drafting general town planning schemes, implementing plans and town planning agreements. She also offers advice on global government solutions, commercial transactions and outsourcing, health care, food industry and corporate M&A. Vanessa is also head of the Italian Women In the Profession Committee, the firm's international project promoting the empowerment of women leadership and a more inclusive culture.
Prior to joining the firm, Vanessa worked for the town planning department of various Italian and international law firms. Between 2001 and 2003 she was an Honorary Judge at the third criminal department of the Milan Court. Vanessa graduated in 2000 from the University of Milan School of Law and was admitted to the Bar of Milan in 2003.
- Ranked by Chambers Europe for Public Law: Zoning & Planning (2023)
- Ranked by MilanoFinanza in "The Best Lawyers and the Best Corporate Firms 2020" as a "Selected Lawyer" for Real Estate and Public Law
- 9 February 2023, Vanessa Boato participated as a speaker during the conference “Student Housing and contract management” organized by AGIDI
- 26 January 2023, during the RE ITALY Winter forum organised by Monitorimmobiliare, Vanessa Boato participated as moderator of the panel “The New Non-Performing Loans phase”.
- 19 January 2022, during the RE ITALY Winter forum organised by Monitorimmobiliare, Vanessa Boato participated as moderator of the panel “Real estate funds' 2022 strategy”.
- 14 October 2021, during the RE ITALY Meeting organised by Monitorimmobiliare, Vanessa Boato participated as moderator of the panel “Student Housing: a new space design”.
- 24 June 2021, Vanessa Boato participated as a speaker of the panel “Retail as an important driver in urban regeneration projects”, organized by Assoimmobiliare.
- 10 June 2021, Vanessa Boato participated as a speaker of the panel "The public private partnership in the realization of public works and social infrastructure" during the event "Infrastructure, Investment and Urban Regeneration" organized by AGIDI.
- 12 April 2021, Vanessa Boato participated as a speaker during the event "Student Housing and Senior Living" organized by AGIDI.
- Publications on several journals of administrative law
- Co-author of the data bank “C.T.U. Banca dati del consulente tecnico” Maggioli editore, Rimini, 2006, which is part of the "Omni@Edilizia”, Maggioli editori, Rimini 2009