Vittorio Salvadori di Wiesenhoff is a partner in the firm’s Milan office and is a member of the tax department. Vittorio advises on the tax aspects of financial transactions, corporate reorganizations, M&A, private equity and real estate deals, both domestic and cross-border.
More in detail, Vittorio's areas of experience include:
- M&A: structuring domestic and cross-border acquisitions for both strategic and private equity investors
- Real estate: acquisition (and connected financing) disposal and letting of large scale retail, office and logistic portfolios, tax regime applicable to real estate funds and SICAFs
- Financial markets: structured finance transactions, securitizations, purchases of non performing loans by foreign investors, Italian financial transaction tax, domestic and cross-border financing, taxation of financial instruments, tax regime applicable to collective investment undertakings
- Employee remuneration: employment incentive schemes, flexible benefit plans
- Tax litigations: handling tax audits, pre-litigation settlement procedures and tax litigations (prevailingly financial intermediaries, in relation to allegedly abusive dividend washing schemes and other structured finance trades)
- Drafting ruling applications with the Italian authorities on all aspects of tax laws.
Vittorio is ranked in Legal 500, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. He graduated summa cum laude from Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan in 1994 and was admitted as a Dottore Commercialista (chartered accountant admitted to practice in tax courts) in 1995. Of Italian mother tongue, he speaks fluent English and French.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Vittorio was a tax partner in the Milan office of another international law firm. He focused his practice on all tax aspects connected to corporate, banking and finance, and real estate transactions.
- Ranked by Chambers Europe for Tax (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019)
- Ranked by Legal 500 EMEA for Tax (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019)
- Ranked by MilanoFinanza in "The Best Lawyers and the Best Corporate Firms 2021" as a "Selected Lawyer" for M&A Tax Advisory
- Included by Best Lawyers in the 2021 list of the top lawyers in Italy for Tax
- Member of the Board and Treasurer, Plan Italy
- 21 October 2021, Vittorio Salvadori participated with a lecture on “Internationalisation of Italian companies - tax aspects” during the event “ELITE Training RECAP” organised at SDA Bocconi School of Management by ELITE and UBS
- 24 May 2021, Vittorio Salvadori took part in the panel of the Tax & Legal Marathon on the topic of Tax aspects in the Private Equity transactions, organized by the Italian Association of Private Equity, Venture Capital and Private Debt (AIFI)
- 1 December 2020, Vittorio Salvadori held a workshop entitled "How to finance a scale-up in Italy" during the Endeavor Digital Event
- "Italian Financial Transaction Tax Implications of the Evolving Regulatory Landscape: The Exemption for Market Makers – An Update," tax article, 7 July 2020
- “La ricapitalizzazione delle imprese tra benefici e insidie”, Diritto24 - Il Sole 24 Ore, 21 May 2020
- “Transfer Pricing in Italy,” Lexology, 17 April 2018
- “Italian Financial Transaction Tax Implications of the Evolving Regulatory Landscape: The Exemption for Market Makers,” first published in Derivatives and Financial Instruments no. 1, vol. 20, January/February 2018, published with the permission of IBFD
- “Direct Lending by Alternative Investment Funds: The Italian Regulatory and Tax Framework,” Issue: Derivatives & Financial Instruments, 2017 (Volume 19), No. 3, 15 June 2017
- “Italy - Investing in Italian Real Estate Assets through Collective Investment Vehicles: An Overview of Tax Implications for Foreign Investors,” Derivatives and Financial Instruments no. 4, vol. 18, July/August 2016
- Mr. Salvadori di Wiesenhoff has written several articles in “European Taxation - IBFD” and “Derivatives and Financial Instruments - IBFD.”