Giles Bavister is a partner in the firm’s London office where he is a member of the tax practice group. Giles practice includes advising on the tax aspects of the full range of corporate M&A and private equity transactions; both domestic and cross border, in-bound and out-bound investments and joint ventures and corporate reorganizations. Giles also advises UK resident and non-resident companies, individuals and trusts in the real estate sector on a wide range of property transactions, including:
- Structuring and implementing tax-efficient acquisitions and disposals
- Structuring portfolios and fund investments, involving the use of corporate, unit trust and partnership vehicles
- Commercial and residential property developments, for private and public sector clients
- Investment in alternative asset classes such as renewable energy and student accommodation.
He also advises on VAT, particularly in relation to cross-border supplies of goods and services, financial services and e-commerce.
Prior to joining the firm, Giles was a partner in the London office of a global law firm.
- British Property Federation VAT Committee
- Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group
- “SDLT and partnerships,” Practical Law Company