Paul Hardman is a partner in the labour employment and workplace safety practice in the Brisbane office. He provides a wide range of advice and services to clients regarding employment, safety, investigations and disputes relevant to the workplace.
He is an experienced advocate and has appeared extensively in both State and Federal courts and tribunals in employment, safety and other contentious matters. He has experience across a broad range of industries including construction, water, manufacturing, agricultural, petroleum, gas and mining.
Paul has significant experience in the conduct of the defence of regulatory investigations and prosecutions, under State and Federal Employment, Workplace, Safety, Corporation, and Environmental legislation.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul was a partner at a national law firm. He has also worked as a senior lawyer within Commonwealth Government agencies including the Office of the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a recommended Leading Employer Lawyer (Employer Representation) in Queensland (2023)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a recommended Leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyer in Queensland (2023)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a Leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyer in Queensland (2019-present)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a Leading Employment Lawyer (Employer Representation) in Queensland (2017, 2021)
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a Leading Employment & Industrial Relations Lawyer (Employer Representation) in Brisbane (2016)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Labour and Employment Law (2016-present)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Occupational Health and Safety (2016-present)
- Paul was the chairman of the Professional Standards & Consumer Complaints Tribunal of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (2017-2019)
- Industrial Relations Society of Queensland member
- Australian Human Resources Institute member
- Australian Institute of Health & Saefety member
Paul is an experienced trainer and regularly presents seminars and training on a broad range of employment related issues including workplace investigations and work health and safety obligations for company directors and executives.
- Speaker, “Managing Psychosocial Hazards in the Workplace: From Concept Confusion to Clarity & Impact,” Australia CHRO (Chief Human Resources Officer) Executive Summit, Sydney, 8 June 2023
- Speaker, “When work is the hazard - implementing a robust, integrated system to manage psychosocial risk,” Australian Institute of Health and Safety National Conference, Brisbane, 31 May 2023
- What are the most challenging psychosocial hazards for OHS?, Australian Institute of Health & Safety, 22 March 2023