Simone Wernicke is a partner at K&L Gates and a member of the banking and finance law (restructuring and insolvency law) practice group and the employment law practice group.
Simone has vast experience in all areas of collective and individual employment law, including the interface to insolvency employment law. She specializes in the structuring and comprehensive support of restructuring measures under employment law and the resulting transactions or any necessary discontinuation of business operations.
Her clients include national and international companies, as well as insolvency administrators, whom she advises and supports in all matters of employment law, but primarily in dealing with crises.
Her work, therefore, regularly includes negotiations with employee representatives and trade unions, in particular reconciliation of interests and social plan negotiations as well as the negotiation of reorganization collective agreements. In addition, she represents her clients' interests before labor courts nationwide.
Simone is certified as a Compliance Officer (IHK) and, in addition to providing day-to-day employment law advice, offers employment law compliance audits, particularly in the area of HR.
Simone joined K&L Gates in July 2020. Prior to that, she worked for various employment and commercial law firms and for an employers' association in Hesse. She has been a specialist in labor law since 2006 and joined K&L Gates with the team of Dr. Bernsau.
- Member of the German Lawyers' Association - Working Group for Labor Law
- Member of Distressed Ladies e.V.
- Compliance Officer
- Personalkostensenkungen in Krise und Insolvenz (Reduction of workforce costs in crisis and insolvency), in: BetriebsBerater (BB) 2022, 500 et seq., together with Felix Schaffner
- Aktuelle Herausforderungen für Unternehmen aufgrund der Entwicklungen zum Fall COVID-19 (Current challenges for companies due to the development of COVID-19), in: Newsletter, March 2020
- Neue arbeitsrechtliche Herausforderungen bei konzernangehörigen Unternehmen in der Insolvenz – von der Entkonzernierung zur Rekonzernierung? (New labor law challenges in insolvent group companies –from the dissolution of the group to its reconstruction?), in: Bertriebs-Berater (BB) 17/2018, p. 948 et seq.
- Kompromiss statt Rausschmiss (Compromise instead of sacking), in: Stuttgarter Zeitung, July 2017
- Der mobile Arbeitsplatz (The mobile workplace), in: WirtschaftsEcho, October 2011