Simone Wernicke is a partner at K&L Gates and a member of the banking and finance law (restructuring and insolvency law) practice group and the employment law practice group.
Simone has vast experience in all areas of collective and individual labor law, including the interface between insolvency labor law and employment law. She specializes in the design and comprehensive support of labor law restructuring measures and the resulting transactions.
Her clients include national and international companies, as well as insolvency administrators, whom she advises mainly in the management of crises and supports in all questions of labor law.
Her work, therefore, regularly includes negotiations with employee representatives and trade unions. She also represents her clients' interests before labor courts throughout Germany.
Simone has worked for the Frankfurt office of K&L Gates since July 2020. Prior to that, she worked for various employment and commercial law firms and for an employers' association in Hesse. She has been a specialist in labor law since 2006 and joined K&L Gates with the team of Dr. Bernsau / BBL Rechtsanwälte.
- Member of BRSI - Federal Association for Repositioning, Restructuring and Interim Management
- Member of the German Lawyers’ Association - Working Group for Labor Law
- Personalkostensenkungen in Krise und Insolvenz (Reduction of workforce costs in crisis and insolvency), BetriebsBerater 2022, 500 et seq., together with Felix Schaffner
- „Aktuelle Herausforderungen für Unternehmen aufgrund der Entwicklungen zum Fall COVID-19“ (Current challenges for companies due to the development of COVID-19), Newsletter, March 2020
- Neue arbeitsrechtliche Herausforderungen bei konzernangehörigen Unternehmen in der Insolvenz – von der Entkonzernierung zur Rekonzernierung? (New labor law challenges in insolvent group companies –from the dissolution of the group to its reconstruction?), Bertriebsberater 2018, p. 948 ff.
- Kompromiss statt Rausschmiss (Compromise instead of sacking), Stuttgarter Zeitung, July 2017
- Der mobile Arbeitsplatz (The mobile workplace) WirtschaftsEcho, Oct. 2011