Steven Caponi maintains a national litigation practice with a concentration on corporate and intellectual property matters.
Steven’s practice covers all facets of business litigation including breach of fiduciary duty and corporate governance claims, merger and acquisition litigation, securities litigation, corporate control disputes, advancement demands, patent infringement and intellectual property, post transaction adjustment disputes, breach of contract, and commercial fraud. In addition to his litigation practice, Steve regularly counsels corporations, boards of directors, individual officers and directors, special board committees and large investors with regard to all facets of their rights and responsibilities under the Delaware General Corporation Law and Delaware’s related alternative entity statutes.
Steve usually serves as lead counsel and has more than 25 year of experience successfully litigating cases before the nation’s preeminent courts for resolving corporate disputes: the Delaware Supreme Court, Delaware Court of Chancery, and Complex Commercial Division of the Delaware Superior Court. Consistent with K&L Gate’s global footprint, Steven also frequently serves as “Delaware Counsel” for corporations and other law firms from around the world in connection with cases pending in Delaware and/or to advise or opine on Delaware law issues for transactions originating in other jurisdictions but governed by Delaware law.
- American Bar Association
- Delaware Bar Association
- Federal District Court for the District of Delaware
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Board of Directors DuPont Country
Steven frequently lectures on cybersecurity and data security policy at the request of clients, industry trade groups and government agencies. He has also lectured as lectured for the Delaware Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and annually teaches the Fundamentals of Civil Litigation in the District of Delaware.
- Mentioned, "Brace For More Del. Chancery Scrutiny Of Ch. 7 Alternative," Law360, 21 July 2022
- Mentioned, "Houseman v. Sagerman, DEFAX Case No. D69488 (Del. Ch. July 20, 2021), Glasscock, V.C. (20 pages)." Delaware Law Weekly, 4 August 2021
- Mentioned, "Insurer Claims It Did Not Breach Contract In Benzene Exposure Dispute," Mealey’s Litigation Report, 29 July 2021