Alan Peterson is an Of Counsel in the Raleigh office and focuses his practice on the acquisition, sale, development, financing and leasing of commercial real estate. He has extensive experience with all phases of office, industrial, retail, multi-family and mixed-use development including zoning and entitlement matters.
His clients include corporations, real estate funds, insurance companies, real estate investment trusts and private developers. Alan served as the managing partner of the Raleigh office of Kennedy Covington from 1995 until 2005 prior to its merger with K&L Gates.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law, 2007-2022
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2007-2009
- “Legal Elite,” Business North Carolina Magazine, Real Estate
- North Carolina Bar Association (Real Property Section and Zoning, Planning and Land Use Section)
- Urban Land Institute (Triangle Chapter Advisory Board 2010-present and Founding Member Executive Committee)
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce (former Board of Advisors)
- Penland School of Craft (Board of Trustees, 2017-present)
- City Art Museum (formerly City Gallery of Contemporary Art - Past Board Chair and Board of Directors)