Alex Hurt is an associate in the private clients, trusts and estates group in the firm’s Seattle office.
Alex’s practice focuses on estate planning and trust and estate administration. This practice ranges tax planning, wealth succession and preservation strategies, multigenerational wealth transfer, asset protection, charitable giving, and general business and business succession planning. He also represents clients in probate proceedings and trust administration, as well as estate and trust dispute resolution. His practice includes both planning for clients’ personal needs, and advising clients in their fiduciary capacities.
Alex is a native Washingtonian, growing up in the Edmonds area. He graduated cum laude from Seattle University School of Law and received a Masters of Law in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. He currently serves as board member for Seattle Children’s Next Generation Legacy Advisors, and previously served as a trustee for the Eastside King County Bar Association.
Alex joined K&L Gates as a third year associate in October 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Alex practiced in the same area of law at a small firm in Kirkland. He also worked for a law firm in Tacoma, travelling the country and speaking on the importance of estate planning, tax planning, and asset protection. While attending Seattle University School of Law, Alex completed a summer externship at the Washington State Board of Tax Appeals.
- Presidential Scholarship Recipient, Seattle University School of Law, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Presenter, Seattle Children’s Hospital Philanthropic and Legacy Planning CLE for Professional Advisors, Avoiding a Family Feud: Legacy Planning with Special Needs Trusts and Charitable Giving, June 2018
- Presenter, Trusts 101, Where to Begin? An Overview of Trusts, May 2017
- Board Member, Seattle Children’s Next Generation Legacy Advisors
- Trustee, Eastside King County Bar Association, 2017-2018
- Volunteer, Outdoors For All (Skihawks)