COVID-19: OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard & Compliance Considerations For Covered Employers
In light of the recent release of OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) for US private employers with 100 or more employees, members of our Policy and Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety practices will host an in-depth session covering updates and considerations for covered employers.
Our team will outline strategic areas for employers as they move to interpret, implement, and remain in compliance with the specific requirements of the ETS. In addition to an overview of the ETS, we will share legal and practical insights on the following topics:
- Covered employer status within the ETS
- ETS compliance plan development considerations, including COVID-19 vaccination programs, workplace policies and health and safety screening protocols, and mandatory COVID-19 testing employer responsibilities (including testing costs & accommodations factors)
- Workforce communications strategies and best practices
- CMS, Federal Contractor, and OSHA ETS policy intersections
- Interaction of OSHA ETS with other vaccine-related government mandates, including potential preemption of state and local law
In addition, our team will discuss the status of the ETS rulemaking process, including the opportunity to offer comments and engage OSHA and other policymakers.
SHRM Activity #21-GXQ6A