Cheryl Isaac is a partner in the firm’s Washington, DC office and an active member of the firm’s Digital Assets, Blockchain Technology, and Cryptocurrencies team. Cheryl advises a broad range of derivatives market participants - exchanges, financial institutions, asset managers, and commercial end-users, among others - on legal and regulatory matters under the Commodity Exchange Act, the Dodd-Frank Act, and related CFTC and NFA rules and regulations. Likewise, Cheryl counsels DAOs, crypto exchanges, tradfi investors, and other digital asset market participants on jurisdictional issues and best practices in an evolving regulatory landscape. She has significant experience negotiating bespoke derivatives transactions in a variety of asset classes (interest rates, FX, digital assets, and commodities), including ISDA Master Agreements and related documentation. She regularly advises clients on effectively transitioning away from LIBOR.
Prior to joining the firm, Cheryl practiced law at other U.S. and international law firms, where she represented clients in a variety of complex financial transactions, including interest rate swaps and other derivatives products, venture debt financings, cryptocurrencies, and digital asset offerings, and also advised on compliance with related laws and regulations.
- DC Bar Foundation, Advisory Committee
- DC Bar Association, Derivatives and Futures Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Securities, Capital Markets, and Derivatives Subcommittee, Banking Law Committee
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Former Board Member
- National Association of Women in the Law (NAWL)
- 100 Women in Finance
- Women in Derivatives (WIND)
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL), Washington DC Region, Executive Committee and Board Member
- Panelist, Investment Advisor Association Compliance Conference, “Considerations for Investing in Digital Assets for Clients,” 14 March 2023
- Panelist, New York State Bar Association Derivatives and Structured Products Committee, “Emerging Issues in Derivatives Regulation: DeFi and Beyond,” 12 April 2023
- Panelist, Futures Industry Association Law and Compliance Conference, “Crypto Regulation and Enforcement,” 28 April 2023
- Speaker, "Digital Assets Regulation: Where We Are Today" Financial Markets Association: Securities Compliance Webinar, 5 May 2022
- Mentioned, "The DC Bar Foundation Names New Members to its Board of Directors and Advisory Committee," DC Bar Foundation, 13 October 2022