Cheryl Isaac is a partner in the firm’s Washington office, where she advises clients on compliance with derivatives laws and regulations, including those promulgated under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act by the CFTC, SEC, Federal Reserve and other federal regulators. She represents banks, commodity trading firms, asset managers and other market participants (both buy-side and sell-side) in interest rate, commodities and FX derivatives transactions, and has significant experience negotiating cleared derivatives documentation and ISDA Master Agreements, including all related schedules and annexes.
Cheryl has a deep understanding of the transition away from LIBOR and its impact on derivatives and cash markets. She counsels clients on best practices for replacing LIBOR in existing financial contracts and on variable rate index terms in new contracts, and regularly speaks and writes on this topic.
In addition, Cheryl advises clients on the evolving laws and regulations that apply to cryptocurrencies and digital assets, including with respect to crypto derivatives and the impact of blockchain technology and smart contracts on derivatives markets and transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Cheryl practiced law at other U.S. and international law firms, where she represented clients in a variety of complex financial transactions, including interest rate swaps and other derivatives products, venture debt financings, cryptocurrencies, and digital asset offerings, and also advised on compliance with related laws and regulations.
- DC Bar Foundation, Advisory Committee
- DC Bar Association, Derivatives and Futures Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Securities, Capital Markets, and Derivatives Subcommittee, Banking Law Committee
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Former Board Member
- National Association of Women in the Law (NAWL)
- 100 Women in Finance
- Women in Derivatives (WIND)
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL), Washington DC Region, Executive Committee and Board Member
- Speaker, "Digital Assets Regulation: Where We Are Today" Financial Markets Association: Securities Compliance Webinar, 5 May 2022
- Mentioned, "The DC Bar Foundation Names New Members to its Board of Directors and Advisory Committee," DC Bar Foundation, 13 October 2022