Chris Tung is a partner in the firm's Hong Kong office. He has practised in Hong Kong since 1992 and is active in dispute resolution, construction, planning and environmental law, clean energy, and carbon finance.
Chris undertakes commercial dispute resolution matters and focuses his practice in arbitration and mediation. He has acted in some of the largest building and infrastructure disputes in Hong Kong and Asia. He has advised on and handled international arbitrations under the BAC, CIETAC, HKIAC, ICC, ICSID, PCA, PDRCI, SHIAC, SIAC, and UNICTRAL arbitration rules. On the non-contentious side, Chris has assisted developers and contractors with project risk assessments, due diligence, document drafting and negotiations in building, infrastructure, and clean energy and carbon finance projects. He is also one of the few internationally recognised environmental and climate change specialists based in Asia. With his experience in a wide range of industries, projects, and dispute resolution, Chris has been involved in the development of cutting-edge risk management tools for aviation, banking, construction, energy, and transportation sector clients.
- Climate Regulation 2015, Hong Kong Chapter, Getting the Deal Through, November 2014
- Product Liability, Tort Law, and Practice in Hong Kong, 3rd Edition, Sweet & Maxwell, September 2014
- Beyond finance sector money laundering and terrorist finance, are you prepared to combat trade based money laundering and terrorist finance?, Global Government Solutions, January 2014
- The Framework of Emergency Arbitration Procedures: A Comparative Discussion of Institutional Provisions, Part II, Asian Dispute Review, April 2013
- The Framework of Emergency Arbitration Procedures: A Comparative Discussion of Institutional Provisions, Part I, Asian Dispute Review, January 2013
- Sustainable Development and Climate Policy and Law in China, Climate Change and the Law, Springer, June 2012
- Tort Law and Practice in Hong Kong, Chapter 7: Product Liability, 2nd Edition, Sweet & Maxwell, 2011