Clayton Parker is a partner in the firm’s corporate/securities and international practice. He has a broad experience in representing public and private companies in North America, Latin America, the European Union, Asia (with particular experience in The People’s Republic of China) and Australia. Clayton also represents private equity firms, and their portfolio clients’, hedge funds, venture capital funds and entrepreneurs in diverse legal matters with a particular emphasis on initial public offerings, secondary offerings, SEC filings, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, mergers and acquisitions, reverse merger transactions, private placements, secured lending, antitrust, employment issues, licensing and leasing agreements, distribution agreements, and joint ventures. The industries in which Clayton has significant involvement include, telecommunications, manufacturing, shipping, internet based services, alternative energy, tobacco, software, government contracting, biotech and beverages.
His experience includes representation of corporations, partnerships and joint ventures, asset and stock acquisitions and dispositions, employment issues, commercial lending, security agreements, guaranties, mortgages, loan agreements, mergers, compliance, antitrust, patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing and leasing agreements, reorganizations, director and officer representation, distribution agreements, due diligence, environmental counseling, franchising, private placements, public offerings and proxy contests.
Clayton practiced as a certified public accountant with Coopers & Lybrand. In addition, he served as in-house counsel for Storer Communications and General Counsel for Burnup & Sims.
- Admitted to Florida Chambers - 2015-2020 Corporate M&A and Private Equity
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions, 2015-2022
- Finalist, “Top Dealmaker of the Year” 2016 - South Florida Daily Business Review
- 2015 M&A Lawyer of the Year - Florida, Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards
- 2015 Corporate International IPO Transaction Attorney of the Year - Florida
- Finalist, “Top Dealmaker of the Year” 2015 - South Florida Daily Business Review
- Named “Top Dealmaker of the Year” 2011 and 2013 - South Florida Daily Business Review
- America’s Most Honored Professionals
- Rated AV Preeminent Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Top Lawyers in South Florida - South Florida Legal Guide
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Speaker, “Considerations for Chinese Companies: Completing a Listing on a U.S. Exchange,” Dealflow Media’s IPO Conference, Beijing, China, April 2011
- Speaker, “Going Public in the United States: Special Considerations for Non-U.S. Companies,” The DTC Energy Colloquium, Denver, Colorado, March 2014