Collin Rose is a partner in the firm’s Houston office. He is a member of the IP Procurement and Portfolio Management practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Collin served as a shareholder at a Houston law firm where he focused is practice in intellectual property procurement and portfolio management, technology and IP transactions, post-grant patent challenges, and litigation. Collin also has experience data protection, privacy, and security. Collin has experience counseling clients through structuring and negotiating commercial IP agreements, including joint ventures, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, and other commercial agreements. He has extensive experience in the energy, HVAC, manufacturing, chemical, semiconductor, medical device/treatment, software, and computer technology industries, allowing him to assist a wide variety of clients. Collin has experience in both working with in-house legal departments for large multinational companies, as well as clients without legal departments in need of broad-ranging, extensive involvement from outside counsel.
- Named a “Top Lawyer” by Houstonia Magazine, 2019-2021
- Recognized in Best Lawyers Texas Edition 2021 for Intellectual Property Law - Trademark
- Recognized in U.S. News - Best Lawyers in America for Trademark Law, 2019-2021
Over the past 21 years, Collin has cultivated substantial expertise in all aspects of intellectual property law, including:
- Leading IP transactions on a worldwide basis, counseling his clients through structuring and negotiating commercial IP agreements, including joint ventures, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, and other strategic commercial agreements.
- Assisting clients in patent post grant challenges before United States Patent and Trademark Office including oral argument in front of the United States Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- Assisting clients in trademark post allowance and post registration challenges before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Advising in adversarial legal proceedings and providing legal opinions regarding potential legal exposure to third party patents. Collin has extensive patent experience in the energy, manufacturing, processing, chemical, and medical device/treatment industries.
- Assisting clients in developing and managing international intellectual property portfolios, including patents and trademarks.
- Mentioned, "US IP lawyers on the move," Commercial Dispute Resolution, 6 April 2022