David Luther practices in the corporate and securities areas. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance, and he has provided legal support for several public and private offerings of corporate equity and debt securities. Currently, David has a particular focus on middle market entities. In the past, he has also represented financial institutions including bank holding companies, commercial banks, and thrift institutions in corporate/financial and regulatory matters, and he has worked with our clients in connection with information technology outsourcing relationships. In addition, David has represented private individuals or entities in the purchases or sales of aircraft.
Areas of Emphasis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Public and private offerings
- Mid-market companies
During his career, David has been recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer by Law & Politics Magazine and Texas Monthly in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. He also has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America in 2009-2021.
- American Bar Association
- Host Committee, ABA Section of Business Law Spring Committee, 2008
- Business Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Foundation
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Business Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors, Theatre Three, Inc.
- Governors Board, TACA
- Legal Committee, Perot Museum of Nature & Science
- Board of Directors, Dallas All Sports Association
- Board of Directors, Dallas County Coalition of Community Justice Agencies
- Board of Directors, HiARTS (formerly known as the Hip-Hop Theater Festival)
- Business Council for the Arts alumnus, 1999
- "Hughes & Luce Represents HM Capital in $603 Million Sale of Natural Gas Limited Partnership," GE Financial Energy Services, 22 June 2007