David Wang is an associate at the firm's Seattle office. He is a member of the Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources/Power practice group. David provides counsel to corporate and municipal clients on a variety of matters related to electricity generation and transmission, clean energy project development, decarbonization, and utility operations, particularly those involving federal and state clean energy regulations. David’s practice also focuses on electric power, administrative, and American Indian law-related litigation, including disputes, proceedings, appeals, and investigations before federal/state courts and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
David additionally assists clients with environmental due diligence for energy, real estate, and corporate transactions, and has helped clients assess opportunities related to renewable energy incentives under the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA).
Prior to joining the firm, David clerked for the Honorable Dario Borghesan of the Alaska Supreme Court, where he drafted opinions and memoranda on a wide range of civil and criminal matters. During law school, he was a member of the Jessup International Law Moot Court team, helping the team qualify for the competition’s international rounds in consecutive years. He also served as a legal writing tutor and participated in the school’s International Human Rights Clinic.
David was previously a summer associate at the firm and a summer law clerk with the Washington State Attorney General’s Office’s Labor & Industries Division. Before law school, he was an analyst for a global analysis and advisory organization where he worked on climate finance, sustainable land use, and ESG issues.
- “Recent Rulings Affirm Tribal Sovereign Immunity And Joinder,” Law360, 30 March 2023
- “Navigating Potential Changes In Carbon Reporting Standards,” Law360, 17 January 2023
- “A Dollar for Your Thoughts? Potential Outcomes of Uzuegbunam v. Preczewski for Climate Litigants,” WSBA Environmental & Land Use Law Section, 1 December 2021
- Co-Author, Supporting the Momentum of Paris: A Systems Approach to Accelerating Climate Finance (2018).
- Co-Author, The Role of the Climate Investment Funds in Meeting Investment Needs (2016).
- Co-Author, Estimating Mobilized Private Finance for Adaptation: Exploring Data and Methods (2015).
- Co-Author, Global Landscape of Climate Finance 2015 (2015).
- Co-Author, The Landscape of Climate Exposure for Investors (2015).