Edward Bennett is a partner at the firm’s Singapore office. He is a member of the Asset Management and Investment Funds practice. Ed counsels on a wide range of corporate and business transactional matters, including private equity, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, secondary buyout, and refinancing. Ed’s experience includes advising on the formation of private equity buyout, infrastructure and debt funds, secondary transfers of fund interests, as well as subsequent closings and the structuring of a number of carried interest schemes. He works with fund managers and institutional investors across the globe on the structuring, establishment, and commitments to these funds.
Ed has worked across Asia since 2011 after relocating from London. Prior to joining the firm, Ed served as a partner at the Singapore office of an American multinational law firm. Through this role, Ed counseled clients on a wide range of corporate and business transactional matters, including private equity, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, secondary buyout, and refinancing. Ed has recently been advising on the investor and target side on Singapore and U.S. based seed financings in addition to other venture capital investments, particularly in the life sciences and fintech sectors.
- Recommended, Investment Funds: Local Firms, Singapore, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020, 2021)
- Recommended, Corporate and M&A: Local Firms, Singapore, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019)
- Member, Practice Group of the Year, Asset Management, Law360 (2017)
- Member, Singapore Venture Capital Association
- Mentioned, "APAC Fund Manager Briefing: Current Top of Mind Issues to Ponder On," AIMA.org, 11 March 2022