Ellen Darling is a trial attorney and the co-practice group coordinator for the mass tort and product liability practice groups. Her practice is concentrated in product liability and commercial litigation including handling nationwide consumer products class actions involving false and misleading advertising claims as well as “Made in the USA” claims. She has managed and tried cases involving devastating/life-ending injuries due to claimed product defects. A majority of her current practice is focused on companies in the aesthetic/health and beauty industry, and handling class actions and/or product liability claims for those companies.
Over her career, she has represented manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food, cosmetics, aesthetic products, a variety of home products, after-market accessories, motorcycles, machinery and other consumer products in various types of litigation and pre-litigation claims. In addition, she represents health care providers and lab companies in medical malpractice cases. Ellen also handles NHTSA and CPSC reporting and recalls involving a variety of products.
Ellen understands clients are not in the business of defending against litigation and that a trial is not always the ultimate goal. As a result, she frequently assists clients in putting processes in place to attempt to reduce the risk of litigation to their company and often provides in-person, free lunch-and-learn sessions to help employees understand litigation risks related to document creation.
Prior to joining the firm, Ellen was a partner at an Orange County law firm.
- Top Lawyers of 2011, The Daily Journal (2011)
- Top Women Lawyers of 2011, The Daily Journal (2011)
- Top Women Lawyers of 2012, The Daily Journal (2012)
- Top Women Lawyers of 2013, The Daily Journal (2013)
- Southern California Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury Defense: Products (2007-2010, 2012-2013)
- Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury Defense: Products - Business Edition (2011)
- Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury Defense: Products - Corporate Counsel Edition (2009-2010)
- Southern California Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury Defense: Products - Rising Stars Edition (2004)
- Top 75 Women Litigators in California, The Daily Journal (2005)
- Top ten defense verdict in California, The Daily Journal (2004)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Products Liability Section, Co-Chair (2005)
- American Bar Association
- Section of Litigation
- Defense Research Institute
- Network of Trial Law Firms
- Board of Directors for the Orange County Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- “FDA UPDATE: Essential Knowledge Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Companies Need for 2015,” Co-Presenter, 26th Annual All Hands Meeting 2014, November 2014
- “Pharmaceutical Counterfeiting, How the Changing Landscape of Technology, Legislation and Regulation Could Affect Manufacturer Liability,” Presenter, DRI Drug & Medical Device Seminar, New York, May 2009
- “Business Development, Practice Management, and Personal Satisfaction in the First 10 years: What Young Lawyers and Their Mentors Can Do Now,” Panel Member, ABA Section of Litigation Products Liability, Women in Products Liability Regional Workshop, September 2006
- “New Angles for Potential Manufacturer Liability Stemming from Pharmaceutical Counterfeiting,” Co-Author, DRI For the Defense, October 2011
- “The New War on Drugs: Manufacturers vs. counterfeiters and the rise of the anti-counterfeiting technology industry,” Co-Author, Orange County Business Journal, May 2011