Generative AI and the Health Care Industry
This program featured a panel discussion on the use of generative artificial intelligence in the health care industry. Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the potential to change the way we work and live by providing real-time solutions to challenging problems, especially in the health care sector, but it also raises a host of legal and regulatory challenges. This panel addresses top-of-mind questions, challenges, and best practices related to generative AI and its use in health care.
- Can health information protected by HIPAA’s Privacy Rule be accessed or used in the development and use of generative AI tools and what are the privacy risks?
- What contractual provisions are necessary to ensure compliance with data privacy laws?
- When and how can generative AI applications be relied to provide accurate guidance for health care professionals?
- What intellectual property rights issues might arise in developing or using generative AI tools and applications?
- What are key provisions in contracts for the development or use of generative AI technologies?
- What are other challenges and issues to keep in mind when using generative AI in the health care field?
- Annette Becker, Moderator, Corporate Partner (Seattle)