HR Perspective (Australia): Fair Work Act Update
In the May 2023 HR Perspective session partner Nick Ruskin and senior associate Meg Aitken discussed the recent changes to the Fair Work Act introduced in December 2022, some taking effect in June 2023, and more on their way, the industrial relations landscape is seeing its most significant upheaval in over a decade.
The session covered:
- Changes that have already occurred such as:
- Prohibitions on pay secrecy; and
- Positive duty to eliminate sexual harassment and new prohibition against sexual harassment in the Fair Work Act.
- Upcoming changes to be introduced later this year:
- Extending unpaid parental leave;
- Increasing access to flexible working arrangements under the NES and new powers to arbitrate;
- Limiting the length of fixed term contracts; and
- Increasing access to multi-employer bargaining and other bargaining changes.
- Upcoming deadlines for zombie agreements.
- Changes to superannuation commencing in 2023.
- How to make sure you are ready to go come 6 June.
- Looking further ahead to what we can expect and other proposed amendments in the pipeline.
Western Australian practitioners - To add this session to your Legal Practice Board CPD Management System (CPDMS) record, please email your Certificate of Attendance and Practitioner ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.