Jacqueline Fu's practice focuses on general corporate and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), venture capital transactions, private equity fund investments, and securities laws.
In connection with her general corporate practice, Jacqueline advises Taiwan public companies and subsidiaries of multinational companies on the legal issues encountered in their day-to-day operations, including incorporation and management of foreign-owned entities in Taiwan, company, labor, consumer protection, antitrust, and anti-corruption laws, and corporate governance and legal compliance.
Jacqueline also advises multinational companies on acquiring Taiwan public or private companies with a presence in Greater China. She has acted as lead counsel in Taiwan on structuring and successfully completing preferred stock transactions mirroring the Silicon Valley venture capital transactions, within the boundaries of Taiwan company laws.
Jacqueline served as the Governor of the American Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan and spent 10 years in the Taipei office of another global firm.
"Outstanding Leadership Award" from the American Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan
Arbitrator, Arbitration Association of the Republic of China, 1994
"Environmental Regulatory Systems & Business Environmental in Asian Countries," Government Institutes, Inc. 1995.
- Co-author of "Franchisor’s Intellectual Property Law Protections in Taiwan", International Journal of Franchising Law, 5.1: p.10-18, 2007
- "International Franchise Contracts in Taiwan", International Journal of Franchising Law, 3.4: p.6-12, 2005
- Author, "Taiwan" chapter, International Encyclopedia of Franchising Law
- “Procedures and Documents Required to Establish a Taiwan Company Limited by Shares Incorporated by Only One Corporate Shareholder,” J&J Publication, 1 March, 2002.
- “Law on Gender Equality in the Workplace”, J&J Publication, 18 January, 2002.
- “Environmental Issues Affecting Business Transactions in Taiwan”, Natural Resources & Environment, Vol. 10, No. 4, Spring 1996
- Labor Retirement Pension Act
- Enforcement of Foreign Judgment in Taiwan