Jacquelyn (“Jackie”) Celender is a partner in the firm’s Pittsburgh office, who concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, class action defense, and insurance coverage. Ms. Celender has significant experience managing complex litigations and arbitrations, leading extensive fact investigations, drafting complex written submissions, and handling complicated e-Discovery matters. Ms. Celender’s first and second-chair trial-related experience includes conducting fact and expert witness examinations, taking and defending depositions, preparing witnesses for examinations at trial and deposition, and motions practice. Ms. Celender also advises clients on external risk management and resolving disputes through negotiated settlements, mediations, arbitrations or trials.
Ms. Celender’s complex commercial litigation experience extends to the areas of international arbitration, and class action defense, commercial contract, warranty, indemnification, product liability, and personal injury disputes in a number of state and federal courts, for clients in a variety of industries and sectors, including industrial and engineered metals manufacturing, specialty chemical, oil and gas and energy.
In the insurance coverage area, Ms. Celender represents corporate policyholders seeking coverage under many different types of insurance policies, including commercial general liability policies, “Bermuda Form” excess liability policies, professional liability policies and property policies. Ms. Celender has been second chair in multiple international arbitrations involving significant insurance assets and also counsels clients regarding their insurance coverage programs outside of litigation.
- Chosen as a 2019 Legal500 “Rising Star” in general commercial disputes.
- Chosen as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine “Rising Star” for the years 2016-2019.
- Chair, K&L Gates Pittsburgh Diversity Committee; Member, K&L Gates Firmwide Diversity Committee
- K&L Gates Pittsburgh Associates Committee (2015-2016)
- Pittsburgh City Lead (Co-Chair), Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Success in Law School Mentoring Program (2013-2015)
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- “E-mail Best Practices,” November 2018 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Three Things Inside Counsel Should Know About Insurance: Avoiding Traps and Seizing Opportunities in Several Common Situations,” June 27, 2018 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Transferring and Mitigating Risk Through Additional Insured Coverage,” April 17, 2017 and May 30, 2017 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Drones (and Risk) are in the Air: Compliance, Insurance & Privacy Issues,” RIMS Pittsburgh Chapter Session, November 15, 2016 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Insurance Coverage for Cyber Risks – A Programmatic Perspective,” Cracking the Code: Cybersecurity for Tomorrow, co-hosted by K&L Gates and Carnegie Mellon University, November 10, 2016 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “A Dangerous World: Insurance Coverage and Cybersecurity,” New Horizons for Unmanned Aircraft: Innovation in the Evergreen State, co-hosted by K&L Gates LLP and the Washington State Department of Commerce, September 19, 2016 (Seattle, WA)
- “A Dangerous World: Insurance Coverage and Cybersecurity,” Reaching New Heights: An Overview of the Unmanned Aircraft Atmosphere for 2016, co-hosted by K&L Gates and Consumer Technology Association, June 3, 2016 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Cyber Liability – Hot Topic: Unmanned Aircraft Systems: Insurance Implications,” RIMS Pittsburgh Chapter Session, April 5, 2016 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Modular Construction: Insurance Challenges,” EPC Contracting Issues in the Oil & Gas Industry Seminar, co-hosted by K&L Gates and Marsh, November 2, 2015 (Houston, TX).
- “Wrestling With Retroactive Reinsurance,” Insurance Coverage Training Series (K&L Gates), March 19, 2015 (Pittsburgh, PA).
- “Insurance Coverage for Construction Risks,” Insurance Coverage Training Series (K&L Gates), January 8, 2014 (Pittsburgh, PA).
- “Cyber Risk and Insurance,” Insurance Coverage Training Series (K&L Gates), September 5, 2012 (Pittsburgh, PA).
- Rebutting the “Agency” Defense to Tortious Interference Claims, Insurance Coverage Litigation, Spring 2015, Vol. 25, No. 2, 11 August 2015
- Rebutting the "Agency" Defense to Tortious Interference Claims against National Indemnity Company and Resolute Management, paper submitted for ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Seminar, February 2015