Jamie Robinson is an experienced industrial relations, employment and workplace safety lawyer based in our Brisbane office.
His practice focuses on achieving the best commercial legal solutions to employment, industrial relations, workplace behaviour, work health and safety and compliance challenges for clients. This incorporates a substantial history of providing compliance training to clients in his practice areas.
Jamie has worked throughout Australia and has a strong focus on providing front-end employment relationship management and compliance advice as well as assistance in responding to claims and disputes in the Fair Work Commission and Queensland Industrial Commission and regulatory disputes in Federal & Federal Circuit Court and the State civil courts.
Jamie also has nearly three decades of advising clients in response to critical incidents and fatalities. This includes proactive critical incident response planning, urgent post incident response (including union intervention) and representation in the relevant Coroners and criminal Courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie worked at a "top tier" legal practice in Perth and Sydney and then was a Partner in a:
- Specialist labour, employment and workplace safety practice; and subsequently
- National "mid tier" firm in its employment and workplace safety team.
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Employee Benefits Law (2018-present) and Occupational Health and Safety Law (2016-present)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Work Health & Safety Lawyer in Queensland (2017-2018, 2020, 2022)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Queensland Employment Lawyer in Queensland (2015-2019, 2022)
- Member - Law Society of Queensland
- Member - Industrial Relations Society of Queensland
- Certified Professional Member - Australian Human Resources Institute
- Pipe Bands Australia - Principal Rules & Administration & National Councillor
- Pipe Bands Australia Qld Branch, Vice Chairman