Jason Callen is a partner in the firm’s Nashville office and a trial attorney whose practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in both federal and state trial and appellate courts in Tennessee and numerous other states.
For almost 20 years, he has represented individuals and companies in a variety of intra- and inter-corporate disputes. These have included disputes arising from:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- breaches of contract;
- enforcement and avoidance of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements;
- stock options and awards;
- fraudulent transfers and other business fraud;
- securities claims; and
- corporate and partnership break-ups and corporate governance claims.
Jason has represented companies and independent litigation committees pursuing internal investigations arising from shareholder demands and employee complaints. He has also represented both debtors and creditors in adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court.
Jason has served as lead trial counsel in both jury and bench trials. He is a fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation and has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation for the last six years.
- Super Lawyers® - Mid-South Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2018–2020
- Best Lawyers in America® - Commercial Litigation, 2015–2022
- Law Clerk, Honorable Frank Easterbrook, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2003–2004
- Nashville Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow, 2018
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Belmont University, Adjunct Professor, 2015–present
- Economic Club of Nashville, President-Elect, 2021
- Belmont Inn of Court, 2020–present
- St. George’s Episcopal Church, Senior Warden, 2015–2017
- Mentioned, "Economic Club of Nashville names Callen board president," NashvillePost.com, 27 August 2021