Jay Lee is a partner in the firm’s Hong Kong office. He is a member of the Corporate practice area. His primary practice areas cover debt capital markets, securities, banking and financing areas (such as complex and structured loan facilities, leveraged financings, and acquisition financings), bond and debt restructurings, and green and ESG bonds and financings. He also practices fintech, tokenized debt securities, and other crypto transactions and regulations. His broad practice areas also stretch to private wealth management, asset management areas (e.g. direct investments, alternative investments, pre-IPO investments), and regulatory advice and investigation works and disputes for clients such as global, Chinese, and regional banks and securities firms, as well as asset management clients and corporates.
Jay's key clients include global, regional, Chinese, and Korean financial institutions, private equity, asset management, and alternative asset management companies, as well as various corporates.
Jay has been recognized as a leading individual by global leading legal directory magazines. Jay has also been awarded a prestigious “Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer.” Jay has also been quoted by Bloomberg, Global Capital, Corporate Treasurer and has authored and published legal articles in prestigious magazines such as Euromoney, IFLR and Economy Watch in the areas of RMB bonds, complex Chinese bond offering structures, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Jay was a partner based in the Hong Kong office of an international law firm. Jay was also a global client partner for a top Chinese investment bank, and led the firm’s China financial institutions practice focus initiatives.
- Spoke in Hong Kong Web3 Month as a Panel Speaker on Tokenization: RWAs, Green Finance, Intangible Assets and DAOs on 7 November 2023
- Spoke in Hong Kong Web3 Month as a Panel Speaker on Decoding Regulation: Virtual Asset License, Token Governnance on 7 November 2023
- Presented a Key Note Presentation on “Security Token Offerings: Financial Market Evolution or Revolution?” and Participated in the Panel Discussion at American Bar Association International Law Section Conference 2023 on 12 October 2023
- Participated in International Green Finance Tokenisation Conference, “Leveraging Tokenized Securities for Green Finance” as a Panel Speaker at Korea Exchange (Seoul, Korea) on 22 June 2023
- Presented a lecture at Peking (Beijing) University School of Transnational Law on “ESG and Green and ESG Financing in Asia, 14 June 2023
- Participated in a Panel Discussion on Global Regulatory Trends on Virtual Assets organized by D’Light in respect of Hong Kong Virtual Assets Regulations Updates on 7 March 2023