K.E. Love is a lawyer in the firm’s Seattle office whose practice focuses on technology transactions, data protection, and agribusiness. She has experience in technology services, software licensing, sales and distribution, product development, supply and distribution, data center and infrastructure, and agribusiness. K.E. has a background in global transactions, including Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Her clients include major technology, US telecommunications, consumer electronics, and international manufacturing companies.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, K.E. served as Associate General Counsel for an international video game developer and publisher where she worked closely with and advised executives and senior leaders on operations, manufacturing, and distribution. In addition, K.E. has led legal affairs at a leading US telecommunications company, a global consumer electronics and manufacturing firm, and a national cable television operator.
K.E. has extensive experience in the United States and abroad on a wide array of legal and business areas, including operations, corporate strategy, technology and content licensing and development, marketing and advertising, sales and distribution, human resources, product management, manufacturing, compliance, and privacy and security matters. In addition, she counseled on best practices and negotiated contracts such as intellectual property and software licensing agreements. She has represented clients in multiple cross-border transactions and global outsourcing for logistics, fulfillment, and manufacturing. K.E. also specializes in agribusiness agreements for wine and vineyard companies.
- Received the HTC 2011 and 2013 President's Awards for excellence in supporting the business operations and partnering with the business teams. Received one of the 2013 Top 100 HTC Global Employee Awards.
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Video Game Bar Association
Ms. Love is also an active member of her community. She served on the Board of Directors of Education First—a national, nonprofit association that focuses on providing need-based college scholarships to students attending high schools with historically low percentages of college applicants - from 2006-2011.
- Panelist, "What Corporate Counsel Need to Know about Antitrust", at conference entitled "Annual Antitrust, Consumer Protection and Unfair Business Practices", sponsored by Washington State Bar Association, November 2013
- Speaker, "The Future of Handsets and Mobile Devices", at program entitled "The Future of Mobile and Mobile Applications" sponsored by Federal Communications Board Association and Washington Technology Industry Association, July 2013
- Panelist, "Calling All Kids! Best Practices for Mobile Media Marketing", at conference entitled "Advertising to Kids 3 .0" for the Children's Advertising Review Unit Annual Conference, October 2010
- Panelist, "Special Issues in Retail Leasing: Use Clauses, Exclusives, Continuous Operations", at conference entitled "Commercial Real Estate Leases" presented by Law Seminars International, December 2008